Distribution to be independent of payment date

Hi,

I would like to be able to set the actual payment date independent of the date span the expense is for. Example: I booked a hotel room for 3 nights. The hotel will charge me a week before arrival, but the expense should be spread over the 3 nights/days I am staying at the hotel.

The current field for day span is limited to the expense date.

Thanks

Hi Eva and welcome to the community! :blush:
We want to keep TravelSpend as simple as possible. I’m not sure if it wouldn’t make the app quite a bit more complicated if we made a difference between payment date and the date that an expense is used on. Maybe you can explain further why you would like this. I usually enter expenses when I pay for them and that seems to work fine.

What Eva said. For instance suppose I’m travelling on the 29th of this month and have booked to check in for 3 nights from 29th to 31st but have made my payment today. As of now, I enter the payment under today’s date but I will have to skip the distribution option as it wouldn’t give me a 29th to 31st date range today. Nothing wrong with that, but where setting a distribution date independent of payment date is advantageous is, the split payments used show up along with expenses for those particular dates so you get a net value of expenses per day DURING the trip (29th, 30th and 31st where the payment for the accommodation has been splintered down to show how much I have spent on each of those days including the payment I have done earlier for a particular event - in this case accommodation expenses)

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly. Why can’t you just choose the 29th as the payment date and then spread it over three days?

Thank you, I’ll do that.

1 Like